[zeromq-dev] About libzmq "domain" inside readthedocs.io

Francesco francesco.montorsi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 23:08:08 CET 2023

Hi all,
Short update on this.

>I think technically speaking if we want to register libzmq as RTD "libzmq"
project, we need to point the "zeromq" project to another git repo
(something like "zeromq-readthedocs").
>From such a new git repo then we should setup a (very basic) RTD pipeline
to deploy the "landing" page.
>Then after we have de-coupled the libzmq from the "zeromq" RTD project I
think we will be able to bind it to the "libzmq" RTD project.

This has been done: the docs for libzmq now are in the "right place":
https://libzmq.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
The https://zeromq.readthedocs.io/ domain has been re-created and bound to
a new empty github repo (https://github.com/zeromq/zeromq-readthedocs).
This could be expanded in the future to produce a landing page (I think it
makes sense only if other projects of the zeromq community move to RTD).
For now it's setup to redirect straight:

   https://zeromq.readthedocs.io/ --> https://libzmq.readthedocs.io/

Francesco