[zeromq-dev] About libzmq "domain" inside readthedocs.io

Brett Viren bv at bnl.gov
Fri Nov 3 14:47:41 CET 2023

Hi Francesco,

I think it is better to move your current /zeromq/ content to be under
/libzmq/ and then use /zeromq/ in some other way.

The reason is that the term "zeromq" implies a larger scope than does
"libzmq".  In informal discussions, context will sometimes make the
meaning clear.  Here, I think it is best to be precise.

What might go in the newly available /zeromq/?  Some thoughts:

- Nothing :: Hold on to /zeromq/ in the RTD namespace but otherwise
  leave it empty.

- Landing :: Develop some minimal content consisting of a link to
  zeromq.org and links to all the other RTD projects (I know of only 3:
  the new /libzmq/, /pyzmq/ and /learning-0mq-with-pyzmq/).

- Redirect :: If technically possible, make /zeromq/ so that
  zeromq.readthedocs.io gives an HTTP redirect to zeromq.org.

- Mirror :: Serve a copy of zeromq.org content, maybe even versioned.

-Brett.