[zeromq-dev] Trouble with EPGM/multicast pub/sub

Jim Melton jim at melton.space
Tue Jun 21 06:17:35 CEST 2022

Are you experienced with multicast protocols?

I’ve never used epgm, but I can’t imagine that binding to “epgm://mesh0;*:5555” will work. For TCP, “*” has special meaning “bind to every interface” listening for connections. With multicast, the group memberships are explicit and there is no way to wildcard it.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33489552/zeromq-using-epgm-transport
--
Jim Melton