[zeromq-dev] A Kotlin ZeroMQ library

Didier Villevalois ptitjes at free.fr
Fri Jul 8 13:02:22 CEST 2022

Hi all,

I started writing a Kotlin library for ZeroMQ. The aim is to provide an
idiomatic Kotlin API and 4 different implementations of this API:

- CIO, a Kotlin coroutine-based implementation, targeting both the JVM
and native,
- JeroMQ, a pure Java implementation of ZeroMQ, targeting the JVM,
- ZeroMQ.JS, a Node.JS addon implementation of ZeroMQ, targeting
Node.JS,
- Libzmq, the main native implementation of ZeroMQ, targeting native.

This is still very raw and a work in progress, but you can find the
code under the Apache 2.0 license:
<https://github.com/ptitjes/kzmq>

So I have a few questions:

1) I took the liberty to reuse the `org.zeromq` package name. Is that
OK?
2) Would like to host this library in ZeroMQ's GitHub organization?
3) And in case of a positive response to the questions 1 and 2, I would
like to know who is organizing the publishing of the JeroMQ artifacts,
so that I can discuss the publishing of Kzmq to Maven Central with the
coordinates org.zeromq:kzmq?

Thanks a lot for your answers.
Didier