[zeromq-dev] Maintainer offer for Perl bindings

Gavin Henry ghenry at sentrypeer.org
Tue Feb 8 09:29:14 UTC 2022

Hi all,

I've recently subscribed, but been a ZeroMQ user via the Perl binding
since about 2012.

I have just seen
https://lists.zeromq.org/pipermail/zeromq-dev/2021-November/033665.html

At my company we sponsored
https://metacpan.org/pod/Message::Passing::ZeroMQ which uses ZMQ::FFI
and we use it at SureVoIP (which was acquired in July 2021). I'm still
there. The SureVoIP API/Portal/Billing code are all in Perl. I'm
GHENRY on PAUSE (https://metacpan.org/author/GHENRY) and am familiar
with all the GitHub Actions like in:

https://github.com/SentryPeer/SentryPeer/tree/main/prototype
https://github.com/SentryPeer/SentryPeer/blob/main/.github/workflows/prototype.yml

I've build RPMs for Perl for Fedora over the years and looked after a
few and just learnt how to do Debian packaging for:

https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/ghenry/SentryPeer/build/3251825/
https://github.com/SentryPeer/SentryPeer/tree/debian-packaging

I've not done FFI things before, but happy to learn and keep this binding going.

Thanks,
Gavin.

--
Kind Regards,