[zeromq-dev] Maintenance of cppzmq sockopt Values

Andy Heroff chicago_lion at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 30 19:09:00 CET 2020

Hi all,
   I have a follow-on code maintenance question related to my question on a new socket option a few weeks back (PR is still in progress, as I had to clear everything internally for the submission first).
   We had been using an older version of cppzmq internally, and on update, we noticed the deprecation of setsockopt and replacement with set() using a list of socket option values defined internal to cppzmq (zmq::sockopt). With our patch adding a new socket option, do we also need to submit a PR against cppzmq with a new socket option definition, or are the cppzmq socket option values maintained or auto-generated with new libzmq version releases?
   Thanks again!
--- Andy