[zeromq-dev] Using DRAFT methods of zeromq's build libraries

Arnaud Loonstra arnaud at sphaero.org
Mon Nov 2 20:21:40 CET 2020

Just a quick question. Would one need to define CZMQ_BUILD_DRAFT_API in
their own project in order to use the DRAFT methods?

For example using CMake I build the libs like this (paste from appveyor):
   - cmd: |
       cd "%LIBZMQ_BUILDDIR%"
       cmake .. -DBUILD_STATIC=OFF -DBUILD_SHARED=ON
-DZMQ_BUILD_TESTS=OFF -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="%INSTALL_PREFIX%"
       cmake --build . --config %Configuration% --target install
   - cmd: |
       cd "%CZMQ_BUILDDIR%"
       cmake .. -DCZMQ_BUILD_STATIC=OFF -DCZMQ_BUILD_SHARED=ON
-DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH="C:\tmp\ci_build" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PRE
FIX="%INSTALL_PREFIX%"
       cmake --build . --config %Configuration% --target install

Draft methods are enabled by default. But when using a draft method I
get unresolved external symbols (Windows)

This goes away when doing #define CZMQ_BUILD_DRAFT_API before including
czmq.h.

However I'm questioning this as using make on Linux does not show this
and I never have needed to define this.

So feature or bug?

Rg,

Arnaud