[zeromq-dev] Clustering xPub xSub Proxies

James Harvey JHarvey at factset.com
Tue May 19 18:55:05 CEST 2020

Hi,

I do something similar in the “cloud”.

I have upstream load balancer connected to 3 proxies.
I have a downstream load balancer connected to 3 other proxies
All of the above are in a cloud scale set/group of 3 VM’s, each VM contains 1 upstream and 1 downstream proxy.

Using the magic of the cloud (or you could use DNS) The upstream proxies know the IP addresses of the downstream proxies and connect to them.  This is a little more cloud specific but I use a python application to get the addresses from the scale set info and inject that into the proxies using a zeromq socket.

Now if any VM in the scale set goes down the system will still work as expected.

Also you can scale the number of VM’s up and down based on load.