[zeromq-dev] ZMQ - Send std::shared_ptr via inproc pub-sub?

Rafał Dudycz rafal.dudycz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 20:06:32 CEST 2020

Hi,

Don't you think that sending a pointer to a memory is very error prone?
e.g.: object may be destroyed before the receiver gets a serialized copy of
shared_ptr as ref_count will not consider the fact that there is an
instance of pointer in the ZMQ inproc buffer.
IMO it would be better to send an object identifier which could be used by
a receiver to retrieve data from some data provider.

--
Rafal

śr., 24 cze 2020 o 19:56 Sergei Nikulov <sergey.nikulov at gmail.com>