[zeromq-dev] High throughput test on TCP & EPGM

董晓滨 dongxiaobin0614 at 163.com
Mon Jun 22 16:37:18 CEST 2020

Hi, everyone !
I want to use zeromq pub/sub to transport large size msgs (e.g. images data).
I did the below test in python environment:
1. send different sizes of msg (from 2kb - 16mb) with random data
2. one publisher in one docker container, and one subscriber in one other seperate container
3. calculate the total data size and time, to estimate the throughput (total size / time) in MB/s

tcp have good performance, but epgm I only got 20M/s throughput even after I set the socket.rate, hwm ... Just want to know the reason. I hope I can use epgm because it is multicast protocol which should have advantage than tcp in multi subscriber cases.. test result have been shown below and test code has been attached.