[zeromq-dev] Help on REQ to ROUTER

Matteo matteo.brichese at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 00:52:31 CEST 2020

Hi all,

I have been banging my head on this issue since a couple of days, I thought
I had enough experience in zmq to make it work but apparently not.

I am rewriting the Simple Pirate Pattern using the pure zmq library and Qt.
I have used Zmq+Qt before, I can receive a message from REQ to a ROUTER no
problem, the main issue is responding to a REQ.

zmq_send(backend, destination.data(), static_cast<size_t>( destination
.size()), ZMQ_SNDMORE);
zmq_send(backend, "", 1, ZMQ_SNDMORE);
zmq_send(backend, message.data(), static_cast<size_t>(message.size()), 0);

destination.data() returns a char* to the address of the REQ socket.

I have tried multiple combinations but nothing seems to work so far.

Any suggestions?

Thank you