[zeromq-dev] Recommendations for deployment architectre

Bill Torpey wallstprog at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 16:33:43 CEST 2020

Hi newbie!

We’ve done much of what you are proposing — unfortunately the “heavy lifting” (acks, timeouts, etc.) is proprietary, but we have recently made some of our code open-source: https://github.com/nyfix/OZ <https://github.com/nyfix/OZ>.  It may give you some ideas, even if it ends up not being suitable for your project.

FWIW, I’m a big fan of plain old pub/sub — many users of ZeroMQ seem to prefer the addl. functionality provided by some of the other socket types, but personally I like the flexibility of simple pub/sub.

Good luck!

Bill