[zeromq-dev] Recommendations for deployment architectre

P S azsxdc88 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 5 16:19:24 CEST 2020

Hello,

I am newbie to ZeroMQ. I am looking at using ZeroMQ for the upcoming project that has the following requirements:

  1.  Multiple components need to send messages to other components running on geographically distributed machines
  2.  Each component also needs to receive messages sent by other components
  3.  Guaranteed delivery needed - perhaps ack / timeout / retry strategy needed
  4.  A mechanism to buffer messages locally on each component in case one of the components is deemed to be unavailable (no ack)
  5.  A mechanism to re-send messages to the new component that has joined
  6.  Support of TLS on all communication

Based on what I have read so far, PUB / SUB with XPUB / XSUB appears to be a good place to start. Any feedback on this or any other better strategy is highly appreciated.