[zeromq-dev] ffn callback ordering on multi-part message

ahelr wehrl totoru5891 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 16:34:34 CEST 2020

Dear all,
If I send a multi-part message each of which is created with "int
zmq_msg_init_data (zmq_msg_t *msg, void *data, size_t size, zmq_free_fn
*ffn, void *hint)", then the free callback functions are guaranteed to be
called in the order that each message is sended, regardless of any
implementation depending on OS and hardware?
Or does this depend on the implementation ?

The reason I ask this is that if the ordering is guaranteed, I can give the
free callback function only on the last multipart message, which gives the
chance of minimizing the race conditions among threads.

Thanks.