[zeromq-dev] Various Majordomo protocol versions

Brett Viren brett.viren at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 22:08:17 CET 2020

Kevin Sapper <kevinsapper88 at gmail.com> writes:

> IMO you did a good job describing the Majordomo landscape. I'm not
> aware that any MDP library is currently actively maintenaned. Please
> prove me wrong.

Okay, thanks.

Right now, I'm trying to gsl-freshen the package to add Python bindings.
If I can manage to not make a hash of things I'll make a PR.  But I
wouldn't say that means I'm maintaining it! :)

> If you're looking for a broker solution then malamute is the spiritual successor
> https://github.com/zeromq/malamute
>
> Also Dakfa may be of interest https://github.com/zeromq/dafka

Thanks, I've taken some interest in these in the past.  But, they are
both streaming-oriented brokers, right?

Do they also implement the "Majordomo pattern" as described in the
Zguide (if maybe not the exact protocol)?

And, what I *really* need is the Majordomo pattern but with
CLIENT/SERVER for thread-safety.  I may end up rolling my own as variant
of 18/MDP 0.1.

-Brett.