[zeromq-dev] Anybody with updated performance results http://zeromq.org/area:results ?

Brett Viren bv at bnl.gov
Wed Aug 7 17:32:11 CEST 2019

This is very useful information.  Thank you for sharing it.

I have some 10 GbE hardware on order and hope to reproduce this myself
and answer these questions but I'm curious to know:

- The page shows PUB/SUB on inproc://, how does PUB/SUB perform on 10
  GbE tcp://?

- How are dropped messages accounted in the PUB/SUB tests?

And, one thing I don't understand (maybe just a curiosity): PUSH/PULL
shows somewhat better PPS throughput with tcp:// than with inproc:// for
messages between 100-1000 Bytes.  Naively, I'd have thought shared
memory would beat network for message throughput for any given message
size.

Thanks again,
-Brett.