[zeromq-dev] PUB-SUB using XPUB-XSUB

Hiren Shah hirenshah.05 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 23:42:23 CEST 2018

Let me give example:

Today I have SUB which gets Messages from PUB_1 and PUB_2 - each one using
different key for Encryption.  SUB Connects to PUB_1 and PUB_2 both

If my understanding is correct if I switch to XPUB-XSUB now PUB_1/PUB_2
will connect to XPUB and SUB will connect to XPUB.

In this model SUB is only connecting to XPUB unlike previous where it was
connecting to PUB_1/PUB_2 so I was able to specify different set of key for
each PUB. Now SUB is only connecting to XPUB so I can only set one key.
Does that mean PUB_1 and PUB_2 needs to use same Keys ??