[zeromq-dev] dealing with stale github issues

Wes Young wes at barely3am.com
Mon Oct 1 16:58:42 CEST 2018

wfm. i dunno that the number is all that important as long as it’s something predictable and helps keep things clean. stalebot is nice because it takes into account issues where there is still activity. it’s not until an issue goes dormant (thread wise) that it starts to kick in the timer (which may or may not be useful). so even if you picked “1 year” it’s “it’s been a year since someone commented on this issue…” not “the issue been open a year”.

and again, a new comment can just as easily re-open the issue too.

ymmv, but you get the idea.

--
wes
wesyoung.me