[zeromq-dev] FOSDEM 2018 - ZeroMQ gathering/hackaton?

Kevin Sapper kevinsapper88 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 16:39:34 CET 2018

Hi Benjamin,

I'll arrive in Brussels on Wednesday evening and will be able to be at HXBL
on Thursday at 8am to take the keys.

See you next week.

Cheers
Kevin

Am 24.01.2018 10:16 nachm. schrieb "Benjamin Henrion" <zoobab at gmail.com>:

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 9:54 PM, Luca Boccassi <luca.boccassi at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Sun, 2017-08-27 at 18:20 +0100, Luca Boccassi wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> FOSDEM 2018 dates have been announced, it will be on Saturday 3rd and
>> Sunday 4th of February. [1]
>>
>> Would people be interested in replicating last year's 2-days ZMQ
>> gathering/hackaton before FOSDEM?
>>
>> Benjamin, would the hacker space we were at be available again?
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Luca Boccassi
>>
>> [1] https://fosdem.org/2018/
>
> Hey all,
>
> Just a week to go!
>
> If you have proposed an idea for the hackaton, and it requires some
> non-trivial setup or dependencies, could you please consider preparing
> a short how-to before the event and post it as a comment on the page?
>
> http://zeromq.org/event:zeromq-pre-fosdem-hackaton-thu-1-fri-2-feb-2018
>
> This way we can more easily and quickly bring who is interested up to
> speed.
>
> I'll go first - I've built Ubuntu/Debian packages for DPDK and over the
> weekend I'll prepare a quick howto.

Some practical things:

1. I will be there on Friday the whole day, on Thursday I will have to
work and I will come to open the doors of HSBXL early in the morning
(like 8am), and come back in the afternoon. There are 4 doors/gates to
pass, so I would need someone to be there with me to take the keys. I
will try to go there the day before, and warm up the place;
2. On the friday evening at 6PM, there is a Kubernetes meetup with 40
people, so I will need the help of you guys to move stuff around
(tables, seats, etc...), as I broke my back last year and I cannot
lift heavy things;

See you next week!

--
Benjamin Henrion (zoobab)