[zeromq-dev] Pattern for two clients and one server

Adriana C constantinescu33 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 13:52:34 CET 2018

Hello everyone!

I am new to zmq and I would like to use it in my implementation for IPC.
I have two processes that must send commands to another process. This one
performs
the actual work for the commands. The commands may occur at any time and I
cannot use a continuous loop to send them.
How should I pair the request/reply calls?

The architecture looks like in the attachment. I was thinking of designing
the two
*client *processes using REQ sockets and the *server *process using ROUTER
socket.

I need the communication to be asynchronous, without doing busy waiting.
Also,
each request must be followed by a response, either an acknowledgement or a
data message.

What are your impressions on this? I do not want to start from scratch with
a bad design.
I went through the ZMQ guide but still I am not pretty sure whether this is
the right approach.

Thank you,
Adrianne