[zeromq-dev] Client API with zactor

Michal Vyskocil michal.vyskocil at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 23:41:09 CET 2018

Hi,

The main question is why do you abstract away czmq and sockets? What
problem do you want to solve?

Anyway an example of abstraction over zeromq sockets is mlm_client_t from
zeromq malamute project. Each client has own actor communicating with
server and msgpipe inproc socket used to communicate between actor and
client thread.

Btw: you're right that it's better to pass messages to client rather than
execute callbacks from main thread inside actor thread.

Michal