[zeromq-dev] use case for ZYRE framework

Benjamin Henrion zoobab at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 18:48:53 CEST 2018

On Thu, Apr 26, 2018 at 6:11 PM, Chandra <chandra at fastmail.net> wrote:

> Dear ZMQ community,
>
> Beginner to ZMQ. First of all thanks for great library and spirit behind
> it. :).  Zyre looks suitable for our academic research project (kind of
> Command and Control)  but have some doubts. Here is scenario
>
> Lab with 20 Computer's connected Wifi /Ethernet.  One computer (Master PC
> - like command center Leader) run the Zyre  based program. All the 19 other
> also run the Zyre framework based program. (kind of client program)
>
> 1. Master Computer can send whisper or shout message (INFO)  to clients
> always in listening mode for client message and store in Disk.
> 2.  Client program has some common task to do and send logs back to
> Master computer
> 3.  Master , in addition to always listening - send some specific
> command(COMMAND) , like
>     Command 1 = Evasive, Command 2 = Terminate the client program  etc.
> 4. Client can send  back - occasionally - " I am alive message" instead
> of ZYRE Beacons message  or long interval    eacon message
>
> Can i use Zyre framework or ZMQ API  with Threads  with a specific pattern
> - (Router - Sub -) for the above scenario ? Am i missing something?
>
> Any thoughts? Suggestion? It  greatly useful to design the project.

Try Glard, this is what it does...

--
Benjamin Henrion (zoobab)
Email: zoobab at gmail.com
Mobile: +32-484-566109
Web: http://www.zoobab.com
FFII.org Brussels
"In July 2005, after several failed attempts to legalise software patents
in Europe, the patent establishment changed its strategy. Instead of
explicitly seeking to sanction the patentability of software, they are now
seeking to create a central European patent court, which would establish
and enforce patentability rules in their favor, without any possibility of
correction by competing courts or democratically elected legislators."