[zeromq-dev] Load Balancer with Multiple Brokers for Redundancy

Çağrı Uslu uslu.cagri at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 11:06:34 CEST 2018

Hello,

I am designing and implementing a cloud system for a data streaming application. The machines are Ubuntu 14.04, clients are Java applications, workers are C++ applications. Both clients and workers will be in the cloud. I have read the Load Balancer in ZMQ Guide and it is almost exactly what I need. What I need is that there should be no single point of failures in the system. However, in the given design, if the Load Balancer goes down for some reason, the whole system goes down. Is there a known pattern for adding redundancy for the broker in the middle? Have you ever implemented such a system with ZMQ?

Cagri Uslu