[zeromq-dev] [REP-REQ] Sockets timeouts and connection reset

DUMAS, Victor Victor.DUMAS at stago.com
Thu Apr 12 14:51:28 CEST 2018

Francesco,

Thanks for you reply.
I need to reset the sockets periodically because setting no timeouts on them ends up in a REQ/REP deadlock where:

  *   PeerA sends a message
  *   PeerB receives it and sends a  ACK message
  *   PeerA never receives the ACK
  *   PeerB is waiting for the next message to arrive because the (REP) reply is not blocking

>From what I can see with wireshark the following sequence happens in a loop:

  *   [SYN], PeerB -> PeerA
  *   [RST,ACK], PeerA -> PeerB
  *   [TCP Retransmission], PeerB -> PeerA
  *   [RST,ACK], PeerA -> PeerB
  *   [TCP Retransmission], PeerB -> PeerA
  *   [RST,ACK], PeerA -> PeerB

Victor