[zeromq-dev] Connecting sockets with different ZeroMQ contexts

Manuel Segura manuel.segura4 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 23:28:45 CEST 2018

Hello,

Is there a unit test that test connections between sockets of two or more
different ZeroMQ contexts?

The reason I'm asking is that I have a set of Pub sockets and a set of Sub
sockets that share the same ZeroMQ context, but both sets of sockets
connect to a zmq_proxy where the front end is a XSub and the backend is a
XPub and the XSub and XPub sockets have a different context than the sets
of Pub and Sub sockets.

There seems to be no data transfer happening between the Pub sockets and
the Sub sockets on VxWorks 6.8, so I'm wondering if it is because the
zmq_proxy is using a different context. It works when all sockets share the
same context.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Manuel