[zeromq-dev] Pub/Sub scalability over TCP vs epgm/pgm

Zubair Ali koolcoders at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 15:29:19 CEST 2018

I have requirement to implement market data distribution application which
can have topics around 500 and subscribers could be from 500 to 1000.
Please note that subscribers can be anywhere globally not on our network.
We use Amazon EC2 for running data distribution application.
Will this be easily managed by pub/sub sockets based on tcp ? or I have to
use pub/sub with multicast ? I tried pub/sub on tcp for about 200
subscribers with 100 topics. I noticed with the increase of subscribers,
delay on subscriber side to receive messages also increases.
Your advise or guidance will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Zubair