[zeromq-dev] czmq -- zauth.api (missing?)

Wes Young wes at barely3am.com
Fri Sep 22 22:15:53 CEST 2017

of course- if i was smart, i would have looked at some more of the examples first:

https://github.com/zeromq/czmq/blob/master/bindings/python/test.py#L40

i was mistaken that project.xml DID have it as an <actor/> which means the start function was defined in _prelude.h, was just a matter of finding that and figuring out how to access it through the python layer..

however, i started re-writing a bit of it similar to how zyre_node_t, zgossip_t, etc [and others] are setup- to see what it’d look like and see how the higher level bindings reacted towards it. it *seems* like it would transition smoothly and provide some easier access functions to the higher level bindings, instead of having to pass strings back and forth. not that it’s a big deal either way- but seems like it’d be more consistent with the rest of the APIs (?)

just a matter if others have found really big show stoppers in teh past- or “no dummy don’t do that cause blah”. don’t wanna mess up zauth for people here..

(thinking out-loud)

--
wes
wesyoung.me