[zeromq-dev] Building CZMQ on Windows 10

Stephen Gray riskybizlive at live.com
Sat Oct 21 17:12:12 CEST 2017

So when building CZMQ using Visual Studio 2015 I disabled the draft API in order to circumvent this error;

>If the DRAFT APIs are enabled, the file:

>src/czmq_private_selftest.c

>Needs to be included in the build of the library. I guess nobody has done that for the msvc solution yet - if you manage to get it working, could you please send a PR?
>Otherwise, you can disable the DRAFT APIs by passing --disable-drafts to configure.bat.

This is what I did at a Developer Command Prompt for VS2015;

C:\Users\Stephen\czmq\builds\msvc>configure.bat --disable-drafts
Configuring CZMQ...
Building with libzmq
Building without uuid
Building without systemd
Building without lz4
Building without draft API (stable + legacy API)

C:\Users\Stephen\czmq\builds\msvc>cd vs2015

C:\Users\Stephen\czmq\builds\msvc\vs2015>build.bat
Building without uuid
Building without systemd
Building without lz4
Building CZMQ... ()
Platform=x86
Configuration=DynDebug
*** ERROR, build terminated early: see build.log

But this gave more and different errors,  here is a pastebin of the build.log file; https://pastebin.com/VQn5c0ZW

Anyone got any other suggestions to get CZMQ building successfully?

Thanks,

Stephen