[zeromq-dev] Error, No rule to make target 'libzmq.so' and ‘ZMQ_’ was not declared

Ravi Joshi ravi.joshi53 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 29 14:27:23 CET 2017

Hi Juergen Gnoss,

Thank you very much. You were right. I fixed it. However, there is still following error being shown in terminal:

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/local/lib/libzmq.so', needed by `/home/ravi/ros_ws/devel/lib/beginner_tutorials_ravi/talker_zmq'. Stop.

Below are the pastebin URLs of required ROS package files:
(1) talker_zmq.cpp: https://pastebin.com/GcUZZ1r5
(2) CMakeLists.txt: https://pastebin.com/p1NhPJtr
(3) FindZeroMQ.cmake: https://pastebin.com/QfHfrJJJ
(4) package.xml: https://pastebin.com/5h6XaK9G