[zeromq-dev] Error, No rule to make target 'libzmq.so' and ‘ZMQ_’ was not declared

Juergen Gnoss jgnoss at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 29 14:02:57 CET 2017

do you have that space in

ZMQ_ RCVTIMEO

in your program too?

________________________________
From: zeromq-dev <zeromq-dev-bounces at lists.zeromq.org> on behalf of Ravi Joshi via zeromq-dev <zeromq-dev at lists.zeromq.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 7:44 AM
To: ZeroMQ Development List
Cc: Ravi Joshi
Subject: [zeromq-dev] Error, No rule to make target 'libzmq.so' and ‘ZMQ_’ was not declared

Hi,
I am trying to use ZeroMQ with ROS Indigo. I am yet not sure if the problem is related to ROS or not. Let me explain it briefly.

I am setting the ZeroMQ socket timeout option in the following way:
zmq_socket.setsockopt(ZMQ_ RCVTIMEO, &timeout, sizeof(timeout));

It is showing this error: talker_zmq.cpp:21:25: error: ‘ZMQ_’ was not declared in this scope

I also notice that the catkin_make command is showing a suspicious following error message:
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/local/lib/libzmq.so', needed by `/home/ravi/ros_ws/devel/lib/beginner_tutorials_ravi/talker_zmq'. Stop.

Below are the pastebin URLs of required files:
(1) talker_zmq.cpp: https://pastebin.com/Cyrzaa9U
(2) Erros shown in terminal: https://pastebin.com/vuHANYHV
(3) CMakeLists.txt: https://pastebin.com/p1NhPJtr(4) FindZeroMQ.cmake: https://pastebin.com/QfHfrJJJ

(5) package.xml: https://pastebin.com/5h6XaK9G