[zeromq-dev] How to do complete re-installation of ZMQ C++ in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS?

Ravi Joshi ravi.joshi53 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 27 14:14:51 CET 2017

Hi,

Hope you are having a good time. Recently, I noticed that the version of ZeroMQ I am using is old and decided to update. So I downloaded the source and compiled it. Everything looked fine but I forgot to remove old ZeroMQ which I installed using sudo apt-get libzmq3-dev.

Finally, it seems that the installation went completely wrong. Since I am getting lots of error such as following:
/usr/include/zmq.hpp:550:47: error: ‘zmq_event_t’ does not name a type
virtual void on_event_connected(const zmq_event_t &event_, const char* addr_) { (void)event_; (void)addr_; }

Please see following pastebin link in order to see all the reported errors (https://pastebin.com/brUitNTq)

Unfortunately, I tired sudo pat-get purge --remove libzmq3-dev but it still exists. I have deleted downloaded source already.

My question is how to do complete re-installation of ZMQ C++ in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS?

As always, thank you very much.

-
Regards
Ravi