[zeromq-dev] Error: no matching function for call to ‘zmq::socket_t::setsockopt(int, int)’

Ravi Joshi ravi.joshi53 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 26 02:39:47 CET 2017

Hi Mykola,

As always, thank you very much.

I am surprised. I used the following command to install ZeroMQ:
sudo apt-get install libzmq3-dev

I am using Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 Bit OS.

Thanks again.

-Ravi

On Sunday, 26 November 2017 12:01 AM, Mykola Ostrovskyy via zeromq-dev <zeromq-dev at lists.zeromq.org> wrote:

Ravi,

It looks like you have a very old version of zmq.hpp header. Both of those methods are templates added along with C++11 support [1].
Check if you have them, if not, you can either update the header or use non-template methods:

    int timeout = 1000;

    zmq_socket.setsockopt(ZMQ_ RCVTIMEO, &timeout, sizeof(timeout));

    unsigned char* byteptr = static_cast<unsigned char*>(msg.data());

[1] https://github.com/zeromq/cppzmq/commit/34c8e4395c94d34a89bbeaaf2b8f9c94a8293c84

Regards,
Mykola

Hi,