[zeromq-dev] Releasing libzmq 4.2.3?

Simon.Giesecke at btc-ag.com Simon.Giesecke at btc-ag.com
Wed Jul 5 14:17:07 CEST 2017

Hi,

I know I am not the first to ask this, but I would like to emphasize that a release of libzmq 4.2.3 would be very helpful.

There have been quite a lot of improvements in master since the release of 4.2.2 in February (more than 400 commits!).

In particular, at least under Windows libzmq 4.2.2 is hardly usable without enabling the DRAFT API, since zmq_poll is unusably slow and zmq_poller_* is only available with the DRAFT API. However, the jzmq and clrzmq4 wrappers do not support zmq_poller_* at the moment.

Are there any blocking issues that need to be addressed before the current master can be released?

Best regards
Simon