[zeromq-dev] inproc message delivery

Thomas Rodgers rodgert at twrodgers.com
Wed Apr 5 23:44:13 CEST 2017

I assume you meant to say 'inproc' would be blazing fast compared to 'ipc'?

What message size(s) have you tried?

I'm not convinced this is a reasonable expectation, particularly with
smallish messages. IPC transport is going to involve a few more kernel
calls but at the end of the day, it's still memory -> memory, and the
improc socket type still has most of the zmq socket machinery to traverse.

Tom.