[zeromq-dev] Connect, close then re-connect zmq req socket dose not send messages on reconnected socket

Prasad Ghawate prasad.ghawate at anzu.org
Thu Sep 1 15:14:29 CEST 2016

Hello ,

I have implemented timeout and re-connection on zmq req socket but on
re-connection unable to send messages on new socket . following is my
implementation.

   1. If there is no response from the 'rep' socket for 3 sec i have closed
   existing 'req' socket and created a new one then sent a test message .
   2. I have enabled motoring log on both 'req' and 'rep' sockets . The rep
   socket shows log accept, endpoint: of 'rep' socket when i re-create new rep
   socket .
   3. issue : But i dint receive the test msg, as well as any new messages
   sent on the the new req socket .

steps to reproduce :
prerequisite :
1. Ubuntu 14 >
2. node js
3. ZMQ :
sudo apt-get install g++
sudo apt-get install libtool pkg-config build-essential autoconf automake
sudo apt-get install libzmq3-dev

Detail  sample code and the output file can be found on
https://github.com/JustinTulloss/zeromq.node/issues/556

Steps to run sample
1. unzip req_res_reconnect.zip
2. npm install requester & responder
3. npm start both requester & responder on seprate terminals

the output of sample app is attached.

Please help.

Regards,

Prasad .