[zeromq-dev] Help with my router/dealer broker similar to majordomo

Douglas Petican dpetican at gmail.com
Sat May 28 01:46:38 CEST 2016

First off I'm really impressed with zeromq.  I've been working with it
since yesterday and already I can amazing stuff.  Thx for making it.

I think I'm trying to do something similar to a majordomo pattern, but I
started with the extended request/reply pattern (router/dealer).  The
added thing for my app is I dynamically spawn the workers as new client
connects to the broker.  The point is then to enforce the 1:1
relationship between client and worker from then on.  This works, but
the broker gets confused after the second client connects.  No messages
are crossed, but it still tries to do fair queueing it seems.  The code
and output is long and I've already created a stackexchange question for
the problem:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37490339/zeromq-router-dealer-broker

The reason for the 1:1 is that the workers manage serial ports. The
comport the client wants to connect to will be in the message.  On the
client side a list of available ports will be maintained.  I'm hoping
its something simple and I won't have to go to a full majordomo patter.
Thanks :)

--
<-Douglas Petican->