[zeromq-dev] Setting privileges on a UNIX socket

Ale Strooisma a.strooisma at student.utwente.nl
Wed May 25 12:32:38 CEST 2016

Hi all,

For my program, I am using the ipc protocol. The unix socket used needs to
be accessible to various programs run by different users, so I want to set
group write privileges. How can I do this? Can I set this using ZeroMQ from
within the program that binds the socket, or do I need to make sure the
socket is in place with the right privileges before running any of my
programs? The latter option would be rather unpractical of course.

Kind regards,
Ale Strooisma