[zeromq-dev] Libzmq binaries in conan.io

James james at conan.io
Mon May 23 06:12:00 CEST 2016

Hi!

I am currently building and packaging almost 100 different binaries of
libzmq (4.1.1) for different OSs and configurations for Conan.io package
manager (FOSS, disclaimer, I am one of the maintainers of conan).

- Windows: MSVC (10, 12, 14), Debug/Release, 32/64, shared/static
- Mac: Apple-clang (6.0, 6.1, 7.0, 7.3), Debug/Release, 32/64,
shared/static (libc++)
- Linux: Gcc (4.8, 4.9, 5.2, 5.3), Debug/release, 32/64, shared/static
(libstdc++)

Here are the packages:
https://www.conan.io/source/ZMQ/4.1.1/memsharded/stable
And this is the package recipe: https://github.com/memsharded/conan-zmq

I have everything automated with Travis-CI (docker for gcc), AppVeyor, and
conan, so the packages are generated with a single "git push".

I would like to:

- Know if there are other configurations interesting to provide binaries
for, or if building from source (it is also possible), would be the default
consuming approach.
- Know if it would be relevant for the community wiki, should I propose it?
- Know if there are other ZMQ packages that you would like to see in conan,
and if there is something else I could try to contribute from my experience
in this task.
- Get extended feedback, there are already some people using some of these
packages for some configurations. All the packages are tested with a simple
client-server application at package creation time, but it could be that
some configuration might fail for some different use case.

Best regards,
James