[zeromq-dev] native select call

Arnaud Loonstra arnaud at sphaero.org
Thu May 19 15:52:24 CEST 2016

This must have been asked many times and I recall working with it
before but was it possible to use a normal/native/regular select call on
a zmq socket? I know about the edge and level triggering but I'm kind of
lost.

PyZMQ writes a bit about it but only tells to avoid using zmq.FD.
http://pyzmq.readthedocs.io/en/latest/eventloop.html

I'm trying to get a zmq socket into a python asyncore application.
Unfortunaltely asyncore uses a native select() (or poll() if it finds
it). So either I need to rewrite the asyncore module or I make the
socket work with the native select().

Any pointers?

Rg,

Arnaud