[zeromq-dev] RFC in Markdown?

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Wed May 18 06:33:26 CEST 2016

I think this is a great idea!

Your use of gitbooks for the event sourcing RFC proves it works. What
we use now is about ten years old; the Wikidot format works fine, so
does the platform, but we've fragmentation between the git repository
and the published RFCs.

It's fairly easy to convert the current format to Markdown; I do this
when writing books. Here's the Perl that does that:
https://github.com/hintjens/mkbook/blob/master/bin/mkmarkdown

Yurii, would you like to take the current RFC repo and migrate it to
gitbook? We don't need to keep the repo on github, afaics. We can
freeze work on RFCs in the meantime. Then we can set up the domain
names or redirect so that rfc.zeromq.org goes to the new site.

-Pieter