[zeromq-dev] Issue using zmq req-res with nodejs

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Mon May 16 09:25:04 CEST 2016

It's not stable and not ready for production use.

You can build your own version of the NodeJS binding in
czmq/bindings/nodejs.

What needs to be done still is to finish the API so that CZMQ is properly
exported & wrapped. Most things work but it needs someone with NodeJS and
C++ knowledge to deal with some of the remaining tricky parts (like methods
that create new objects).

Then the binding needs to be published to npm, and there's some magic using
the prebuild package so the library is prebuilt for Windows, Linux, OS/X.

-Pieter