[zeromq-dev] identifying a subscriber with xpub xsub

Sachin Agrawal sachin at pdtpartners.com
Fri May 13 12:21:01 CEST 2016

Thank you that helps a great deal.

Regards

Sachin

-----Original Message-----
From: David Jelenc [david.jelenc at fri.uni-lj.si<mailto:david.jelenc at fri.uni-lj.si>]
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2016 11:11 AM Eastern Standard Time
To: ZeroMQ development list
Subject: Re: [zeromq-dev] identifying a subscriber with xpub xsub

Right. I kind of missed the "how do I identify the client" part. This is
easier in router-dealer since you can read identity frames.

However, you could still do it with PUB-SUB using manual subscriptions,
but you'd have use ZAP. I had a similar situation a while ago and I
identified SUB clients by their public keys.

If you use router-dealer pattern you'll have to manage subscriptions
manually. Also, you should be aware that router-dealer and pub-sub
behave differently when queues get full.

Cheers