[zeromq-dev] bidirectionnal rpc

jean rouquet outrunner at live.fr
Thu May 12 13:21:56 CEST 2016

Hi,
for a simulation project I have a classic Client Server model like, but the server should also be able to retrieve informations from client. The number of clients is static.
At first I thought about using Router / Dealer pattern for rpc in both directions, but this will add development complexity because I have to track on server side wether received message is a rpc request or a rpc response (rpcs are bidirectional).
To simplify the development, I think about using the Req / Rep pattern for unidirectional rpc from client to server, and a per client Req / Rep pattern for rpcs in the other direction (server to client)Is this a good approach? any suggestions or remarks?