[zeromq-dev] ABI reports for ZeroMQ

Luca Boccassi luca.boccassi at gmail.com
Wed May 11 16:27:21 CEST 2016

On Wed, 2016-05-11 at 15:59 +0300, Ponomarenko Andrey wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The reports for libzmq have been added to the ABI tracker project: http://abi-laboratory.pro/tracker/timeline/zeromq/
>
> So one can look at the recent changes in the library API/ABI and navigate over the history of API/ABI changes. The reports are generated daily by abi-dumper, abi-compliance-checker and abi-tracker tools: https://github.com/lvc/abi-tracker
>
> Hope this will help maintainers and developers of the library to maintain backward binary compatibility.
>
> Thanks for your feedback.

That's very useful, thank you!

It's flagging what I flagged a few months back, about the change in
zmq_msg_t:

http://lists.zeromq.org/pipermail/zeromq-dev/2016-February/029935.html

I think the resolution for that was that given it's not used internally,
but only in the applications, it shouldn't make a difference.

I'm still not convinced it will be fine on architectures other than x86,
but unfortunately I don't have a SPARC handy to test it :-)

Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi