[zeromq-dev] Can ZeroMQ be considered 'light-weight'?

Ale Strooisma a.strooisma at student.utwente.nl
Wed May 4 14:47:47 CEST 2016

My contribution to this project ends next week, as it was for my
graduation, so I don't think this is the right time to switch IPC backends
;-) This question came up while working on my report, when I wanted to
write something about using a light-weight library, when I realized I had
no idea what that actually meant and if it was true. As I tried to point
out in my original mail, and to which Osiris made a remark: I have no idea
how to define light-weight in this context.

For this project I think the most important thing is the time it takes to
create messages and to execute the zmq_msq_send calls, the latter of which
I expect to be very short as the actual sending is handled on a separate
thread, if I have correctly understood the ZeroMQ architecture.