[zeromq-dev] Can ZeroMQ be considered 'light-weight'?

Osiris Pedroso opedroso at gmail.com
Wed May 4 13:21:47 CEST 2016

I use ZeroMQ in Windows environment.

This past week I ran Memory Validator on zeromq and I was surprised with a
hot spot of memory allocation.
MV show that there is a 1Mb allocation happening over and over for every
message read.

This was done to fix https://github.com/zeromq/libzmq/issues/1608.

You can see the fix here:
https://github.com/zeromq/libzmq/blob/master/src/signaler.cpp#L515

So I guess  you will have to better define what you mean by light-weight
before one can decide it.