[zeromq-dev] Can ZeroMQ be considered 'light-weight'?

Ale Strooisma a.strooisma at student.utwente.nl
Wed May 4 13:10:25 CEST 2016

Dear ZeroMQ community,

I wonder if ZeroMQ, especially using the ipc protocol, can be considered
light-weight, and how this can be motivated/proven.

An important point is of course what defines light-weight. I could just run
the performance tests, but that would just give me numbers of which I don't
really know whether they are good.

The reason I am asking this is that, when I started with ZeroMQ, I was
under the assumption that this was true, but I can't really find anything
to back it up. Which I could well use to motivate why I chose to use ZeroMQ.

Kind regards,

Ale Strooisma