[zeromq-dev] ZeroMQ 4.2 release, planning

Pieter Hintjens ph at imatix.com
Tue May 3 18:24:43 CEST 2016

On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 2:12 PM, Luca Boccassi <luca.boccassi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is any of the API I marked as draft actually ready for release?

Even so, leave it 'draft' until it's actually being used. Changing
minds is expensive otherwise.

> So should we use branches instead for bugfix releases?

All fixes to master. In the extraordinary case where a bugfix release
cannot be made from master, a branch could work. We never needed this
in e.g. CZMQ. I doubt we'd need it in libzmq. I absolutely recommend
against branches unless it's the only option. (And I think we've
designed ourselves space to never need that option.)

> Isn't it possible to do the github release thing with the result of
> "make dist"? I think I've read somewhere that you can use the result of
> CI builds.

Seems Kevin has solved this, almost :)