[zeromq-dev] Router - router communication

pulkit pulkit at cs.duke.edu
Mon Mar 21 18:02:11 CET 2016

Hi,

I am building a Replicated State Machine (RSM) protocol and using
ZeroMQ's router sockets for NxN communication between the nodes. All the
nodes have pre-determined identities, so I use 1 router socket per node
for all communication. Regarding the version, I am using ZeroMQ version
4.2.0 and Ubuntu 14.04.4 OS.

I am having trouble with lost messages during failover, it doesn't
happen always but a few times when I bring down a primary node (a clean
exit which unbinds and disconnects from all endpoints), the backup nodes
are unable to talk to each other to intiate the failover. A zmq_msg_send
call at the source doesn't return any error but the destination never
receives the message. I would appreciate any insight on what could be
going wrong.

-Pulkit