[zeromq-dev] Zyre clustering in malamute broker

Ben Kloosterman bklooste at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 00:40:05 CET 2016

This works well if you just have a cloud but gets hard when you have parts
of the clusters at different locations you end up have clusters split into
2.. which then need to come together again.

Ben

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 7:18 PM, Pieter Hintjens <ph at imatix.com> wrote:

> Hi Arnaud,
>
> We were working on something similar, which was to elect one Malamute
> instance in a cluster as leader and then tell clients where it was. It
> is a nice first step to making hot-hot clustering.
>
> -Pieter

Yes exactly the load balancing / fall over problem is commonly done  but
many people use tcp/ip messaging with complex architectures  , remote fail
over with multiple paths etc ..

Then you get scale issues , you don't want to  send subscription everywhere
 because your matching time becomes horrendous , there is quite a bit of
theory on this .  Its certainly the next level,